There is much to be excited about in Confirmation Class, including:
- Synergy between 7th and 8th Grade Confirmation classes
- A new Confirmation handbook for all students in both grades
- Mentor assignments for students in both grades
- A new curriculum in 8th Grade
- A handful of new and enthusiastic instructors
Confirmation I Class
The 7th Grade Confirmation I Class focuses on a review of the Bible and the main themes of the Old and New Testaments and the history of the Church.
- Download the 7th Grade Confirmation I Class Schedule HERE.
Confirmation II Class
The 8th Grade Confirmation II Class curriculum, "Confirm not Conform," is deeply rooted in the traditional Anglican ethos, and exposes youth to a wide range of topics, including Scripture, sacraments, creeds, heresy, prayer, social justice, other religions, and serving others. It asks them to think through what they believe and why.
- Download the 8th Grade Confirmation II Class Schedule HERE.
Confirmation for 8th graders will take place on Sunday, June 9 during the Bishop's visitation.
Register online for Confirmation Class HERE.
Download a printable Registration Form HERE.
For questions and more information, please contact Whitney Wolf.
Please Note: If you are interested in signing your child up for the Youth Choir, you may indicate this on your Children/Youth Registration Form.
Church School and Confirmation Class Locations
Church School and Confirmation classes begin following the 9:00 am service.
- Pre-K–2nd Grade: lower floor classrooms across from Shears Hall
- 3rd–7th Grade: upper floor classrooms
- 8th Grade: Youth Room, upper floor
The youth of St. John's Church gather for dinner, prayer, discussion, and outreach.
- EGGS (Episcopal Go-Getters), for grades 5 and 6, meets periodically throughout the year.
- EYC (Episcopal Youth Community), for grades 7 through 12, meets on Sunday evenings from mid-September through mid-May.
Exciting Changes Coming to EYC in January!
EGGS (5th & 6th Grade) are invited to attend any and all of our activities this spring.
Leadership opportunities are available to interested students in high school (grades 9–12).
In-house Saturday afternoon programs will start at 5:00 pm instead of 5:30 pm to enable parents to partake in the 5:00 pm Contemplative Service when desired.
The EGGS and EYC 2019 Winter–Spring Calendar is available for download HERE.
Printable Calendars and Schedules:
EGGS and EYC September–December 2018 Calendar
Family Ministry Has a Job for You!
Learn more about all the different ways you can participate in various Family Ministries at St. John’s—from helping out in Church School or mentoring a Confirmand, to leading a fun family event or chaperoning a trip. No need to commit now, just click HERE and select any areas in which you might have interest and we will contact you to discuss and answer questions! It takes a village to raise a child and you are part of that village, so we look forward to welcoming all returning and new volunteers to the next great year in Family Ministry at St. John’s. We can’t do it without you.
More Ways to Get Involved with Children and Youth:
- Children’s Chapel – Seeking Adult and Youth Assistants to help with crowd control, support, and engagement (Drop-ins welcome!)
- Colin Powell Leadership Club – Seeking both Reading Tutors and Enrichment Program Speakers (Come one time or many!)
If you have just a little bit of time—or a lot of time—and are interested in helping out in any way, please contact Whitney Wolf.
Monthly Mom's Mornings
Moms of St. John's: Whether you have just 10 minutes or a full hour, we invite you to join in this spiritual gathering of support, conversation, and friendship, starting around 9:00 am one Wednesday each month. Let this group be your haven from the daily chaos of motherhood. Come for as little or as long as you’d like. Little ones are welcome. Toys and good coffee will be provided. If you have any questions, or wish to attend, please contact Whitney Wolf. Find a listing of upcoming Mom's Mornings HERE.