Temporary Classroom Assignments
During the construction, Church School and youth programs will continue as usual. Look for signage directing children and youth to their construction-phase classrooms.
- Pre-K & Kindergarten: Lower Floor
- 1st & 2nd Grade: Lower Floor
- 3rd & 4th Grade: Lower Floor
- 5th & 6th Grade: Lower Floor
- 7th Grade Confirmation: Upper Floor
- 8th Grade Confirmation: Upper Floor
Confirmation I Class
The 7th Grade Confirmation I Class focuses on a review of the Bible and the main themes of the Old and New Testaments and the history of the Church.
Confirmation II Class
The 8th Grade Confirmation II Class focuses more on the theology of faith. Students who successfully complete the requirements of the 7th and 8th Grade Confirmation classes can be confirmed at the end of their 8th Grade year.
Save the Date!
Saturday, March 10
All are invited to participate in the Christian Formation Summit for Children & Youth Ministries. The goal of this Summit is to evaluate and evolve our curriculum, including themes, topics, lessons, and milestones for children from preschool through confirmation in order to ensure we are offering an experience that will deepen their connection with God and prepare them for a life centered in Christ, through education, service, and community.
With a bit of pre-work and lot of finesse, we've managed to craft an ideation and development experience that will maximize our results while minimizing your time commitment. If you're interested in participating, please contact Whitney Wolf.
The youth of St. John's Church gather for dinner, prayer, discussion, and outreach.
- EGGS (Episcopal Go-Getters), for grades 5 and 6, meets periodically throughout the year.
- EYC (Episcopal Youth Community), for grades 7 through 12, meets on Sunday evenings from mid-September through mid-May.
EGGS and EYC Winter–Spring 2018 Calendar at a Glance
- Sunday, January 7 - EYC Kickoff Dinner
- Monday, January 15 - OUTREACH: "A Day On, Not A Day Off"
- Sunday, January 21 - EYC Youth and Adult Leadership Team Meeting and PROGRAM: Much Ado About Shrove Tuesday
- Sunday, January 28 - EYC Commissioning Service
- Friday, February 2 - OUTREACH: Global Bistro
- Saturday, February 10 - OUTREACH: Easter Seals Respite Day
- Tuesday, February 13 - Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Sunday, February 18 - EYC Youth and Adult Leadership Team Meeting and PROGRAM: Tough Topics with Kristine Johnson
- Sunday, February 25 - Lunch and Escape the Room
- Saturday, March 3 - OUTREACH: D.C. Central Kitchen
- Sunday, March 11 - PROGRAM: Character, Service & Social Media with Ginger Miller
- Sunday, March 18 - PROGRAM: Eucharist 101 with Ed Miller
- Sunday, April 8 - EYC Youth and Adult Leadership Team Meeting and PROGRAM: Poker Night with Kristine Johnson
- Sunday, April 15 - OUTREACH: Second Story Infant/Snack/Toddler Packs
- Saturday, April 21 - PROGRAM: Pilgrimage to National Cathedral with Justin Ivatts
- Sunday, April 29 - Nationals v. Diamondbacks Baseball Game
- Sunday, May 6 - Bishop's Visitation and Confirmation
- Sunday, May 13 - Senior Sunday
- Sunday, May 20 - EYC Youth and Adult Leadership Team Meeting and Restorative Yoga with Yvette Carlucci
More details can be found in the EGGS and EYC Winter–Spring 2018 Calendar.
Printable Calendars and Schedules:
EGGS and EYC Winter–Spring 2018 Calendar
Please Note: If you are interested in signing your child up for the Youth Choir, you may indicate this on your Children/Youth Registration Form.
Monthly Mom's Mornings
Moms of St. John's: Whether you have just 10 minutes or a full hour, we invite you to join in this spiritual gathering of support, conversation, and friendship, starting around 9:00 am one Wednesday each month. Let this group be your haven from the daily chaos of motherhood. Come for as little or as long as you’d like. Little ones are welcome. Toys and good coffee will be provided. If you have any questions, or wish to attend, please contact Whitney Wolf. Find a listing of upcoming Mom's Mornings HERE.
Ways to Get Involved with Children and Youth this Year:
- Children’s Chapel – Seeking Adult and Youth Assistants to help with crowd control, support, and engagement (Drop-ins welcome!)
- Church School (PK–6th Grade) Classes – Seeking Adult Teachers and Substitutes as well as Hallway Greeters to help children get to their classrooms
- Confirmation (7th & 8th Grade) – Seeking Additional Instructors and Substitutes
- Colin Powell Leadership Club – Seeking both Reading Tutors and Enrichment Program Speakers (Come one time or many!)
- Vacation Bible School – Summer will be here before we know it! Join us in the planning stages to help build a wonderful program for 2018!
If you have just a little bit of time—or a lot of time—and are interested in helping out in any way, please contact Whitney Wolf.