Temporary Classroom Assignments
During the construction, Church School and youth programs will continue as usual. Look for signage directing children and youth to their construction-phase classrooms.
- Pre-K & Kindergarten: Lower Floor
- 1st & 2nd Grade: Lower Floor
- 3rd & 4th Grade: Lower Floor
- 5th & 6th Grade: Lower Floor
- 7th Grade Confirmation: Upper Floor
- 8th Grade Confirmation: Upper Floor
Confirmation I Class
The 7th Grade Confirmation I Class focuses on a review of the Bible and the main themes of the Old and New Testaments and the history of the Church.
Confirmation II Class
The 8th Grade Confirmation II Class focuses more on the theology of faith. Students who successfully complete the requirements of the 7th and 8th Grade Confirmation classes can be confirmed at the end of their 8th Grade year.
The youth of St. John's Church gather for dinner, prayer, discussion, and outreach.
- EGGS (Episcopal Go-Getters), for grades 5 and 6, meets periodically throughout the year.
- EYC (Episcopal Youth Community), for grades 7 through 12, meets on Sunday evenings from mid-September through mid-May.
Join the New York Mission Trip for current 9th–12th Graders
Thursday, July 19–Sunday, July 22
Deposits due April 23!
Join us as we hit the streets of New York City with supplies, food and messages of God’s love for those who call the streets home. Please send your $200 non-refundable deposit made payable to St. John’s Church to Whitney Wolf by Sunday, April 23. Questions? Please contact Whitney Wolf. Adult chaperones always welcome so if you’d like to come along, please contact Whitney Wolf for more information!
EGGS and EYC Winter–Spring 2018 Calendar at a Glance
- Sunday, April 8 - EYC Youth and Adult Leadership Team Meeting and PROGRAM: Poker Night with Kristine Johnson
- Sunday, April 15 - OUTREACH: Second Story Infant/Snack/Toddler Packs
- Saturday, April 21 - PROGRAM: Pilgrimage to National Cathedral with Justin Ivatts
- Sunday, April 29 - Nationals v. Diamondbacks Baseball Game
- Sunday, May 6 - Bishop's Visitation and Confirmation
- Sunday, May 13 - Senior Sunday
- Sunday, May 20 - EYC Youth and Adult Leadership Team Meeting and Restorative Yoga with Yvette Carlucci
More details can be found in the EGGS and EYC Winter–Spring 2018 Calendar.
Printable Calendars and Schedules:
EGGS and EYC Winter–Spring 2018 Calendar
Please Note: If you are interested in signing your child up for the Youth Choir, you may indicate this on your Children/Youth Registration Form.
Monthly Mom's Mornings
Moms of St. John's: Whether you have just 10 minutes or a full hour, we invite you to join in this spiritual gathering of support, conversation, and friendship, starting around 9:00 am one Wednesday each month. Let this group be your haven from the daily chaos of motherhood. Come for as little or as long as you’d like. Little ones are welcome. Toys and good coffee will be provided. If you have any questions, or wish to attend, please contact Whitney Wolf. Find a listing of upcoming Mom's Mornings HERE.
Ways to Get Involved with Children and Youth this Year:
- Children’s Chapel – Seeking Adult and Youth Assistants to help with crowd control, support, and engagement (Drop-ins welcome!)
- Church School (PK–6th Grade) Classes – Seeking Adult Teachers and Substitutes as well as Hallway Greeters to help children get to their classrooms
- Confirmation (7th & 8th Grade) – Seeking Additional Instructors and Substitutes
- Colin Powell Leadership Club – Seeking both Reading Tutors and Enrichment Program Speakers (Come one time or many!)
- Vacation Bible School – Summer will be here before we know it! Join us in the planning stages to help build a wonderful program for 2018!
If you have just a little bit of time—or a lot of time—and are interested in helping out in any way, please contact Whitney Wolf.