On Sunday, October 22, 7th & 8th Grade class brought in a whopping $1010.78 toward Hurricane Relief in Puerto Rico with their morning Bake Sale. Tremendous thanks to our 7th and 8th Grade students—to all those made signs, baked goodies, packaged treats, and sold and sold and sold some more.
Thanks to all who purchased the baked goods and made even bigger donations to the cause. Thanks to Alexis Fooshe, Mary-Lacey Reuther, and Anne Warrell who helped throughout the morning, and to our tireless and enterprising leadership team, our 7th Grade Confirmation teachers, Penny Morrill and C.C. Sloan. You should all be very proud!
All funds raised will be sent to the Episcopal Relief and Development Fund for Hurricane Relief in Puerto Rico on behalf of the Children of St. John's Episcopal Church, McLean.
Confirmation I Class
The 7th Grade Confirmation I Class focuses on a review of the Bible and the main themes of the Old and New Testaments and the history of the Church.
Confirmation II Class
The 8th Grade Confirmation II Class focuses more on the theology of faith. Students who successfully complete the requirements of the 7th and 8th Grade Confirmation classes can be confirmed at the end of their 8th Grade year.
The youth of St. John's Church gather for dinner, prayer, discussion, and outreach.
- EGGS (Episcopal Go-Getters), for grades 5 and 6, meets periodically throughout the year.
- EYC (Episcopal Youth Community), for grades 7 through 12, meets on Sunday evenings from mid-September through mid-May.
Printable Calendars and Schedules:
EGGS and EYC Fall-Winter 2017 Calendar
Please Note: If you are interested in signing your child up for the Youth Choir, you may indicate this on your Children/Youth Registration Form.
Monthly Mom's Mornings
Moms of St. John's: Whether you have just 10 minutes or a full hour, we invite you to join in this spiritual gathering of support, conversation, and friendship, starting around 9:00 am one Wednesday each month. Let this group be your haven from the daily chaos of motherhood. Come for as little or as long as you’d like. Little ones are welcome. Toys and good coffee will be provided. If you have any questions, or wish to attend, please contact Whitney Wolf. Find a listing of upcoming Mom's Mornings HERE.
Ways to Get Involved with Children and Youth this Year:
- Children’s Chapel – Seeking Adult and Youth Assistants to help with crowd control, support, and engagement (Drop-ins welcome!)
- Church School (PK–6th Grade) Classes – Seeking Adult Teachers and Substitutes as well as Hallway Greeters to help children get to their classrooms
- Confirmation (7th & 8th Grade) – Seeking Additional Instructors and Substitutes
- Colin Powell Leadership Club – Seeking both Reading Tutors and Enrichment Program Speakers (Come one time or many!)
- Vacation Bible School – Summer will be here before we know it! Join us in the planning stages to help build a wonderful program for 2018!
If you have just a little bit of time—or a lot of time—and are interested in helping out in any way, please contact Whitney Wolf.