The mission of our Church School is to engage children and youth in discovering a life of fruitful Christian service and to encourage their interest and involvement in the life of the parish.
Church School for Preschool through 6th Grade meets from mid-September through mid-May immediately following the 9:00 am Sunday service and concludes at approximately 11:00 am. This schedule coincides with the Adult Forum so that parents can participate in Christian Education programs simultaneously.
Christmas Pageant Schedule
Saturday, December 9: Pageant rehearsal (8:45–10:45 am for speaking roles; 9:30–10:45 am for non-speaking roles).
Sunday, December 10: Christmas Pageant will take place at 4:00 pm. Participants are asked to arrive by 3:30 pm. Pageant will be immediately followed by Carols & Cocoa in Shears Hall.
Monthly Mom's Mornings
Moms of St. John's: Whether you have just 10 minutes or a full hour, we invite you to join in this spiritual gathering of support, conversation, and friendship, starting around 9:00 am one Wednesday each month. Let this group be your haven from the daily chaos of motherhood. Come for as little or as long as you’d like. Little ones are welcome. Toys and good coffee will be provided. If you have any questions, or wish to attend, please contact Whitney Wolf. Find a listing of upcoming Mom's Mornings HERE.
Ways to Get Involved with Children and Youth this Year:
- Children’s Chapel – Seeking Adult and Youth Assistants to help with crowd control, support, and engagement (Drop-ins welcome!)
- Church School (PK–6th Grade) Classes – Seeking Adult Teachers and Substitutes as well as Hallway Greeters to help children get to their classrooms
- Confirmation (7th & 8th Grade) – Seeking Additional Instructors and Substitutes
- Colin Powell Leadership Club – Seeking both Reading Tutors and Enrichment Program Speakers (Come one time or many!)
- Vacation Bible School – Summer will be here before we know it! Join us in the planning stages to help build a wonderful program for 2018!
If you have just a little bit of time—or a lot of time—and are interested in helping out in any way, please contact Whitney Wolf.