God Bless America
A Celebration of the Red, White and Blue
Friday, June 2–Sunday, June 4
Orkney Springs, Virginia
Spend a weekend enjoying a little slice of Americana, meeting new friends and catching up with old friends at the annual Langley Parish weekend retreat at the Shrine Mont Diocesan Conference Center in Orkney Springs, Virginia.
This is a fun getaway, a short scenic two-hour drive west into the Shenandoah Valley. This is a great event for people of all ages, including activities for children, fun for singles, relaxation for adults and games for the whole family.
hiking ... swimming ... family softball ... fishing ... hayrides ... porch sitting ... yoga … crafts … dancing … bonfire with s’mores… costume contest … ice cream social … trivia contest and more!
- Parade led by the Shrine Mont Band with prizes for best Americana-themed costumes
- Variety Show on Saturday evening—Participation rules: one solo act and one group act per participant (acts not to exceed 3 minutes each)
- Happy Hour Porch Mixers for young and old alike
- Sunday Eucharist at the outdoor Cathedral Shrine of the Transfiguration
Volunteers Needed! You can get involved!
- Help coordinate happy hour, children’s crafts, the softball game, decoration/setup Friday at noon, purchase supplies, registration/checkin.
- All musicians are welcome to participate in the Shrine Mont Band. The only requirements are to bring an instrument (any instrument).
Registration: March 1–May 16
- Download a Registration Form or pick one up in Shears Hall.
- Return forms with payment by May 16. Availability and room assignments are on a first come, first served basis, so don’t wait! Your two-night stay includes all meals from Friday dinner through Sunday lunch.
Please contact Stefanie Stayin or Margaret Kerfoot through the Parish Office (703-356-4902) with questions or to volunteer to help!