Wednesdays During Lent
- 7:00 am Holy Eucharist followed by a light breakfast (February 14–March 21)
- 11:00 am Holy Eucharist and Healing Service (February 14–March 21)
- 5:30 pm Holy Eucharist and Healing Service (February 21 and March 21)
Adult Bible Study During Lent
February 14, 21, and 28; March 7, 14, and 21
Noon–1:30 pm in Meeting Room on Lower Floor
Please join us during Lent when we will be studying some of the early writings of St. Augustine. We will explore the book Augustine: Earlier Writings from the Library of Christian Classics series. Even if you are not a regular Bible Study participant, come and make this part of your Lenten discipline.
The Alfred St. John Matthews Lent Series 2018
Adult Forum Lent Series:
10:15–11:00 am in Shears Hall
- February 18: Lent 1 - Creation
- February 25: Lent 2 - Refugees
- March 4: Lent 3 - Justice
- March 11: Lent 4 - Opioid Addiction
- March 18: Lent 5 - Poverty
Wednesday Evening for Adults:
6:00–6:30 pm Supper; 6:30–7:30 pm Program in Shears Hall
After a simple meal, in a program led by various experts, adults will further explore and unpack in a more practical and concrete fashion the issue of our day that was discussed in the preceding Sunday’s forum.
- February 21: Creation
- February 28: Refugees
- March 7: Justice
- March 14: Opioid Addiction
- March 21: Poverty
Wednesday Evening for Children:
6:00–6:30 pm Supper; 6:30–7:30 pm Program in Children’s Chapel
After a simple meal, in a program led by Whitney Wolf, children will learn about issues of our time through creative hands-on activities.
- February 21: Lenten Promises Collage
- February 28: Refugee Doll Project
- March 7: Stations of the Cross
- March 14: Lenten Trivia
- March 21 NYC: Midnight Run Bag Prep
All children and youth are welcome.
Women's Lenten Retreat
March 2–3 at St. John’s
Register by February 20!
The Reverend Elizabeth Keeler will guide us as we explore “Time for Every Matter Under Heaven” (Ecclesiastes 3:1). The focus of this retreat is to remind us that time is the creation and gift of a generous God. Experiencing time from an understanding of abundance, rather than scarcity, then becomes our grateful response to God’s generosity. Please gift yourself this time to rest, consider, reflect and pray. The cost is $30. Contact Margaret Kerfoot to register. Learn more HERE.