A Disco Celebration at Shrine Mont!
Friday, June 1–Sunday, June 3
Orkney Springs, Virginia
The atmosphere at Shrine Mont is a throwback, and now so is the theme! Enjoy meeting new friends and catching up with old friends at the annual Shrine Mont Parish Weekend at the Shrine Mont Diocesan Conference Center in Orkney Springs, Virginia, and groove to the sounds of the 70s!.
This is a fun getaway, a short scenic two-hour drive west into the Shenandoah Valley. This is a great event for people of all ages, including activities for children, fun for singles, relaxation for adults and games for the whole family.
hiking ... swimming ... family softball ... fishing ... hayrides ... porch sitting ... yoga … crafts … (disco) dancing … bonfire with s’mores… costume contest … ice cream social … trivia contest and more!
- Parade led by the Shrine Mont Band with prizes for best disco-themed costumes
- Variety Show on Saturday evening—Participation rules: one solo act and one group act per participant (acts not to exceed 3 minutes each)
- Happy Hour Porch Mixers for young and old alike
- Sunday Eucharist at the outdoor Cathedral Shrine of the Transfiguration
Volunteers Needed! You can get involved!
- Help coordinate happy hour, children’s crafts, the softball game, decoration/setup Friday at noon, purchase supplies, registration/checkin.
- All musicians are welcome to participate in the Shrine Mont Band. The only requirements are to bring an instrument (any instrument).
Registration: April 1–May 18
- Register by April 30 for a 15% discount.
- Registration forms are available for download HERE and in Shears Hall.
- Return forms with payment by May 18. Availability and room assignments are on a first come, first served basis, so don’t wait! Your two-night stay includes all meals from Friday dinner through Sunday lunch.